23.8.08

An Outline

One day I'll lie on the ground
I'll hand you a piece of crayon
I'll let you draw a line
All around my body
I'll let you choose the color
I'll just lie there
And wait till you're done
Yeah, I'll let you define me
Because I've been trying so fucking hard
But don't seem to be getting anywhere
So I'll let you do it for me
Because I trust you
Always have
Always will

But I know you won't do it
You're too busy now
Furthermore,
You'd say that ain't right
You'd even help me
Pick a beautiful color
Green, or perhaps orange
But then you'd smile
(And when you do it, it's unique)
And you'd say:
"Who are you? What are you?
Define yourself!"
I don't know right now
I hope I'll know then
When you hand me the crayon
In fact, I hope I'm able to do it myself
Because I know it's too late now
You've already dropped that piece of crayon
You did it a long time ago

No comments: